Matriculated college students residing in University Student Living (USL) apartments are invited by the University Student Living Scholarship Program to apply for scholarship grants for the 2016-2017 academic year to be awarded in October, 2016.
Click here to find all the information you need regarding eligibility, selection criteria, procedures, important deadlines and the application form.
- Criteria used to select grant recipients includes: academic performance, character, financial need, and proficiency or potential proficiency in a chosen field of study.
- Students must be on a lease and be a resident in good standing as of September 10, 2016.
- The student must be currently residing at an apartment community in which USL has an ownership interest. If the scholarship info is posted on the property website, it qualifies.
- The applicant cannot graduate on or before March 31, 2017, and must be registered for enrollment for the fall 2016 semester.
- All matriculated college or trade/technical school students applying must possess a minimum of a 3.2 grade point average on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- College students applying for grants who have attained sufficient credits at their institution of higher learning to be considered as a junior, must provide documentation of a declared major.
- Yes, there is an essay. Details are on the web site regarding format and content.
- Yes, there is an alternative to writing an essay; you may provide a video presentation. Details are on the web site regarding content and format.
- The USL Scholarship Program requires the applicant's 2016 FAFSA EFC score. This requires the applicant and/or their family to complete and submit a free application for Federal Student Aid.
- These grants should not be confused with student loans.
- All grants are made payable to the colleges or other post-secondary institutions where the recipient will attend during the 2016-17 school year.
- The exact number of awards and the total amount of money to be awarded in 2016 will be determined during the selection process, in the sole discretion of the USL Scholarship Program.
October 17, 2016 Final deadline for the completed application to be submitted.
Contact Dr. Bruce W. Johnson, Scholarship Program Administrator, at email@example.com or 215-262-4230 if you have any questions concerning the USL Scholarship Program's work to assist students throughout the nation.